Females College of Arts and Sciences was founded by in 1423 under the name College of Education, it belonged to the Colleges of Females. It used to offer some disciplines and with the launch and establishment of Najran University in 2006 College of Education for Females has been rehabilitated and it joined Najran University in 1427/1428. Thus, it became subordinate to the Ministry of Higher Education, and in 1430 its name was changed to College of Arts and Sciences in Sharourah, and new departments have been added to the College. Now, the college includes six departments : The Department of Islamic Studies, Arabic Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, Computer Science.
At the beginning of the year 1430/1431; the study began in the males ' section in the Departments of Computer and English and the students who joined the two sections were approximately (120) , (60) in each section. Also, the Community Service and Continuing Education branch was opened, which offers diploma in computer and it enrolled approximately (150) students.
The College offers a Bachelor's degree in education and science. The college currently includes, in males' section, five departments. These are the Department of Islamic Studies, Arabic Language, Mathematics, English Language and Computer Science Department, while , in females' section, it includes six departments. These are the Department of Islamic Studies, Department of Mathematics, Department of English Language and Computer Science Department, Chemistry and Arabic Language Departments.